Building Maintenance Manager
Full time or Part time
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing. Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
· Supervise the maintenance of all facilities of the organization.
· Directly supervise maintenance staff
· Maintain all buildings, equipment, and vehicles in safe and efficient operating condition.
· Collaborate with all management staff to assure Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) objectives are valued and achieved.
· Ensure that BRM is in compliance with all internal and external rules, State and Federal regulations, policies and laws.
· Directly supervise operations staff performing maintenance
· Supervise work schedules, needs and performance of maintenance staff
· Facilitate the coordination, cooperation and communication between maintenance staff and Operations Manager.
· Recommend changes to improve efficiency and use of building space.
· Maintain protocols for communication of pick-ups, deliveries and services.
· Maintain safe up-keep of all Mission vehicles.
· Assist with evaluations of maintenance staff and the hiring of new staffing as needed.
Provide property management to assure the tenants leasing space at 25 Kingston Street are well served.
A successful candidate should have eight to ten years of direct management experience in the corporate, public and ministry field. Bachelors degree is required. To perform this job successfully an individual must possess excellent reasoning ability and demonstrate knowledge of and experience with:
· Efficiently analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, selecting and implementing best decisions, and positively communicating the rationale to others;
· building and equipment maintenance;
· working with a diverse staff;
· Microsoft Office and internet technology.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full time employees include: health & dental insurance (78% employer-paid individual plan), generous paid vacation and holidays, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.