Building Maintenance Staff
Full time or Part time
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing. Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
· Perform the maintenance of all facilities of the organization.
· Maintain all buildings, equipment, and vehicles in safe and efficient operating condition.
· Perform maintenance on all three buildings in Boston.
· Supervise work schedules, needs and performance of volunteer staff.
· Maintain safe up-keep of all Mission vehicles.
· Assist with evaluations of maintenance staff and the hiring of new staffing as needed.
A successful candidate should have eight to ten years of maintenance experience. To perform this job successfully an individual must possess excellent reasoning ability and demonstrate knowledge of and experience with:
· Building and equipment maintenance
· Working with diverse individuals
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full time employees include: a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to John Samaan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put in the subject line: Building Maintenance Staff
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.