Full time or Part time
Senior Case Manager
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing. Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
It is the responsibility of case managers to help establish respect and acceptance. The Case Manager is responsible for understanding and consistently implementing program guidelines as a means of securing a clean, sober, safe, non-judgmental environment for program participants. The Case Manager is also responsible for providing support, limit setting, and conflict resolution, thereby securing and safeguarding therapeutic boundaries for program participants.
Under direct and supportive supervision, case managers provide case management services to BRM guests experiencing homelessness.
• Completes detailed screening and intake to make referrals to appropriate case management services
• Facilitates guest access to permanent housing, healthcare, public benefits, day programs, employment and vocational training, housing searches, social support networks, and basic needs and services.
• Assists guest with improvement of life skills, coping skills, connect with social supports and when appropriate to reconnect with family and friends.
• Coordinates and monitors inhouse and referrals and service, and encourages and supports guests in developing goals and regularly evaluates progress.
• Documents all client encounters, and all external contacts and referrals made on behalf of clients; maintains comprehensive client files, records, documents and other information held on behalf of the guest.
• Identifies and provides emergency crisis intervention and referrals as necessary; coordinates other services as appropriate.
• Maintains and reports applicable goals and data regarding guest’ participation in programs and services.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or at least two years’ experience working in a housing, health or other social services organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Ability to gather, record and input data and prepare reports
Document and record all case management services provided utilizing the SOAP format
Ability to monitor, assess and record guest progress, and make adjustments to service plan
Ability to complete online applications and referrals to outside agencies
Knowledge of community of housing, healthcare and other social service providers
Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate guest progress
Maintains positive and productive relationships with BRM guests, staff, volunteers, partner agencies.
Facilitates effective individual and support group
Represents BRM at external meetings and events
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits for fulltime employees that include health & dental insurance, paid leave, and holidays, 401K retirement plan with matching contribution.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Mike Way: email@example.com
Subject line: Case Manager
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.