Food Service Shift Leader
Food Service Manager
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing. Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
Responsible for the daily service of meals to guests, staff and special events. Oversee all aspects of the food service during shift
1. Assist Food Service Manager in all aspects of purchasing, storing, preparing and serving meals.
2. Perform Kitchen tasks as necessary at the request of the Food Service Manager such as inventory checks, rotation and cleaning.
3. Work with any volunteers, staff, and guests who are serving in the kitchen.
4. Be able to work well with others, supervising volunteer groups, staff, and guests.
5. Rotate stock regularly. Keep refrigerator and freezer organized.
High School diploma or GED and minimum 3 years hands on experience. Servsafe Certified or training in food sanitation and storage from a recognized and acceptable source. Able to prepare food for a large group of up to 300 meals at one time. Ability to lift 32 pounds of weight.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience.