Manager of Information
Full time or Part time
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our Residential Recovery programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing.
Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
· Maintaining information and telecommunications (IT) systems
· Developing and implementing IT policies and procedures
· Ensuring the safety and security of all systems and IT operations
· Gathering program statistics and developing internal and external progress reports
· Oversee web site design, maintenance, and updating
· Administer and safeguard donor database
· Maintain, upgrade, and care for Windows servers, including Microsoft Exchange, and network equipment
· Maintain, upgrade and care for 30-40 windows workstations
· Manage users, email accounts, printer setups and other network elements
· Provide training, education, and support for users with all software applications and phones
· Recommend and acquire appropriate network and workstation hardware and software
· Track program statistics and provide reports on demand for staff members and outside agencies
· Manage domains, ISP contracts, and additions, deletions, and modifications of web site content
· Administer, care for, and maintain Salesforce database
· Oversee and secure regular data and phone backups; Ensure data integrity on the LAN
· Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of phone stations
· Assist with marketing, direct mail, fundraising, and operations duties as needed
· Perform other duties as required
B.S. or equivalent in the field of Computer Science, with a minimum of three (3) years of progressive responsibility in the field.
Advanced knowledge of PCs, network equipment, office, and database software preferred.
Should possess strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
Able to work independently and to perform daily tasks with minimum supervision.
Marketing and/or writing talent and experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience.